Wednesday 13 January 2010

Nine Colours I Love (And One I Don't)

Colours. They can determine pretty much everything. Well, not everything, but they sure are pretty important. There are plenty of really interesting articles about the psychology of colour, but I'm just talking about aesthetics. Everyone's tastes are different, but there are certain shades of colours that I love, and thus use too often, and others that I hate to see, and even the tiniest bit of it will ruin an image for me.
I'm not going to bore you with "text", let's get down to colour. Here are nine of my favourite:

And so it's easier to copy the hex codes, here they are in text form:
Red: #CC0000
Orange: #EC6002
Brown/Pink: #CC9999
Yellow: #FFFF99
Lime Green: #CCFF00
Blue 1: #02C5F4
Blue 2: #0188A9
Blue 3: #006699
Purple: #2E014B

Be sure to copy the code if you want to use the colour, since trying to find it in our own colour browser could be catastrophic (Well, that may be a slight exaggeration). For example, that lovely lime green is dangerously close to a horrible olive.
You may notice that a third of those colours are blue. I'm not why, I just like blue. It's pleasing to the eye, I guess, and soothing to some extent. However, there is one blue that I cannot stand. It will literally ruin a picture for me if I spot even the smallest amount. Conveniently, it is my friend's favourite colour. :/ Here it is, the world's worst colour (in my opinion):

I'm not even going to give you the hex code, as I don't want to encourage anybody to use it.
So that's my view on colour. Remember, it's just an opinion. Some people may hate my colours, and love other ones. What are your favourite colours?
I will leave you today with an inspirational quote I mocked up, incorporating that lovely lime green:



0 comments:

Post a Comment